What We Believe
As an affiliate of the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada (EFC), Wycliffe Bible Translators of Canada subscribes to the fellowship's Statement of Faith:
- The Holy Scriptures as originally given by God are divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and constitute the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh; we affirm his virgin birth, sinless humanity, divine miracles, bodily resurrection, ascension, ongoing mediatorial work, and personal return in power and glory.
- The salvation of lost and sinful humanity is possible only through the merits of the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, received by faith apart from works, and is characterized by regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit enables believers to live a holy life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Church, the body of Christ, consists of all true believers.
- Ultimately God will judge the living and the dead, those who are saved unto the resurrection of life, those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
What We Believe About God's Word:
- The Bible is God's message for all people everywhere.
- The Bible's message is evangelistic and is the basis for church planting and church growth.
- The most effective means of communication is the mother tongue.
- For a church to be truly indigenous, it must have Scripture in the mother tongue of its people.
- Bible translation is the task of the whole Church and everyone can have a part.