Administrative Assistant – People Department
Reports to: Vice President, People; Director, People
FTE: 0.7 (26.25 hours per week)
Annual Salary Range: $30,000 – $32,000
Anticipated Start Date: February 16, 2024 (negotiable)
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
At Wycliffe Canada, we believe that God has spoken, and continues to speak, through His Word—the Bible. The Scriptures point to Jesus, the source of life, restoration, and salvation. Bible translation allows people everywhere to meaningfully engage with God’s Word, which he uses to transform lives in every culture, whether it’s shared in written form, sign language, oral Bible storytelling, audio Scriptures, or videos.
As a member of the Wycliffe Global Alliance, we’re part of a global movement that’s advancing Bible translation, literacy, capacity-building, and activities that encourage meaningful engagement with translated Scriptures. We work with national partners to foster local ownership, long-term sustainability, and increased impact of language projects.
With more than 400 staff and volunteers serving in Canada and overseas, Wycliffe Canada is directly involved in Scripture-related activities for 235 language groups in 38 countries. Additionally, we partner with Canadians to fund more than 30 language projects around the world.
The Bible translation movement has seen remarkable progress over the past 80 years. Much work remains—but it’s now possible to finish Scripture translation for those who still need it, in this generation.
We serve our field partners in these key areas of ministry:
- Bible Translation
The Scriptures point to Jesus, the source of life, salvation and peace. But 1 in 5 people around the world still do not have access to the whole Bible in a language and form they best understand. Much work remains, but it’s now possible to finish Scripture translation for those who still need it – in this generation.
- Engagement With Scripture
Transformation happens when people engage the Bible in a language and form they best understand. Churches flourish when pastors teach and disciple in a language that they best understand and communities gain resources for healing and peacemaking.
For many communities, literacy affirms dignity, preserves language, and sparks development. When people learn to read and write, they can share knowledge and access life-changing training in health and agriculture for the good of the whole community. Wider literacy equips lay leaders for deep participation in the local church.
- Capacity Building
The sustainable impact of Bible translation needs local ownership, effective partnerships and innovation, this is why we also focus on capacity building. We serve the global movement by strengthening networks and offering training, resources and leadership. We love partnerships where creative solutions can be developed so people can be meaningfully transformed by God’s Word.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Wycliffe Canada’s People Department is seeking an Administrative Support professional to join our team. As an integral part of the People Department, the successful candidate will support the People Department by maintaining personnel records, managing HR documents, and updating internal databases. We’re looking for someone who can handle various administrative tasks efficiently and is passionate about contributing to a positive work environment and the success of our mission-driven organization.
- Employee Orientation & Onboarding: Maintain comprehensive orientation checklists, assist in internal onboarding/offboarding processes, and ensure a seamless transition for new and departing employees.
- Communication & Documentation: Facilitate communication by sending birthday notes, managing newsletter and project report acknowledgments, and collecting, scanning, and organizing Visa receipts for expense reports.
- Document Management & SOP Maintenance: Monitor document signature status, send reminders for pending signatures, and organize signed documents. Maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for HR processes.
- Agreements & Letters: Send various agreements and documents for signature via Adobe Sign, process employment letters, and assist in managing member expense reimbursements.
- Retirement Event Coordination: Organize retirement events including preparation of thank-you letters, coordination of event logistics, post-event documentation, and announcements.
- Departmental Support: Assist in organizing annual staff recognition events, AGMs, and holiday parties. Update Wiki with revised policies, position descriptions, and organizational charts.
- Events & Initiatives: Support chapel and SIL World Day of Prayer events, manage document retention and destruction in compliance with privacy laws, order flowers or baskets for various occasions, and maintain the People Department library.
- Training & Support: Publish Staff News, assist with organizing quarterly manager training sessions, participate in the annual Crisis Management meeting, and provide support to other People department staff when necessary.
Note: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not exhaustive. Additional responsibilities may be added to adapt to the evolving needs of the organization.
- 1-3 years experience in Administration, HR or related roles.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Understand and maintain a high level of confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
- Proficiency in document management tools and Adobe Sign.
- Ability to pay close attention to details and maintain accuracy in tasks.
- Efficiently manage time to meet deadlines and handle multiple responsibilities.
- Can prioritize effectively and quickly adapt to changes in priorities and tasks.
- Proactive and adaptable team player
- Excellent technological skills, including experience with Google Suites
- Ability to work proactively and independently
- Understanding of and desire to further Wycliffe Canada’s mission and the ministry of Bible translation
- Bilingualism in any language is an asset
- Able to work legally in Canada
- Clear criminal record check and credit check
- Agreement with and willingness to sign Wycliffe Canada’s Statement of Faith, Standard of Conduct, and Conflict of Interest Policy
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Free onsite parking
- Flexible work schedule
- Fun, dynamic, and tight-knit team
- Faith-based, supportive, and family-oriented work environment
Application: Can you effortlessly handle multiple responsibilities with precision and attention to detail?
Are you adept at using various office software and technologies, ensuring efficient workflow?
Do you find fulfillment in streamlining administrative processes and enhancing office efficiency?
If you responded affirmatively to these questions, the position of Administrative Assistant could be an ideal match for you! Join our team and play a vital role in advancing our mission-focused success.
Please fill out the contact form below and upload your cover letter and resumé.
Kindly note, we will only contact applicants chosen to participate in subsequent stages of the selection process.