The Island Advance aims to assist local churches in a region of Southeast Asia, to provide Scripture for 13 indigenous language groups with a total population of nearly six million people.
Many of the people who still need Scripture in their language follow the majority religion in the nation. While some communities have a local church, others have few Christians and no church presence. Efforts to bring God’s Word to this region are just beginning to advance.
With support from people just like you, each community that needs Scripture in their heart language will have it. And they will learn about the God who loves them!
YOUR PARTNERSHIP IS KEY
You can help make an impact for eternity for the people impacted by Island Advance. Your financial gifts will enable Island Advance to:
- Begin new Bible translation work in potentially 23 languages
- Translate the Old Testament into 13 languages (10 of these languages already have the New Testament)
- Promote Scripture use through media, including radio, cellphone apps and the “JESUS” film
- Provide translated materials to partners for church-planting work
PROGRESS SO FAR
Much of the Bible translation ministry still needed in the region that Island Advance works, is just beginning. However, the early work done by their staff is exciting and encouraging.
The Gospel of Mark and a set of 50 Open Bible Stories have been published in the Dayceck* language group, a language community of about 12,000 people with a small Christian minority. For some five million speakers of another language, Bible translation is underway.
Needed staff are joining the Island Advance team. But supervisors and program supervisors are also needed. Recently a couple have joined the team and will serve an unreached people group.
*Pseudonyms used due to sensitivity
- Visit the project regularly to monitor progress, address challenges and help ensure good stewardship of resources.
- Send you regular updates to keep you informed of Island Advance’s progress, financial need and prayer requests.
- Send you an annual tax receipt for your donations.