- This event has passed.
Estate Planning: Giving You Peace of Mind
September 12 @ 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm MDT
When it comes to all the to-do’s in our life, getting our things in order and creating a Will tends to be one of the things we put off until another day. There are many reasons why we procrastinate, but we are often worried about some difficult decisions to make, and we aren’t sure where to go for help. When asked, people stated ‘Peace of Mind’ as the first benefit of completing their Will and Estate Plan. The satisfaction of knowing that a plan is in place, your Will is well designed, you have taken care of your loved ones, the hard decisions are made, and your Will reflects your goals and values can absolutely put your heart and mind at ease.
This presentation, hosted by Mary Lynn Huizinga, estate specialist with our partners at Advisors with Purpose, will discuss several situations and topics that concern many people and how you can plan well for these situations. They will cover:
- Cottage/vacation properties or shared property assets
- Children/Heirs who are unable to receive assets because of personal, health, or mental health
- Guardianships of children/grandchildren
- Taking care of aging parents
- Digital Assets
- Single Parents and blended families
- Living Wills/Personal Directives
- Choosing an executor