Silk Road Ascent (SRA) is a Bible translation, Scripture engagement, multilingual education and capacity-building effort in several countries located in a sensitive area of West Asia. Wycliffe is currently focusing on two language projects with far-reaching impact: Duskani and Northern Warmi.*
This region has long been thought to be impregnable both to Christian witness and to community development. With little or no visible church to partner with in most languages communities, Christian workers struggle to make notable progress in the face of widespread poverty and religious intolerance.
A variety of partners serve together to further Bible translation, multilingual education, and language development. Dedicated expatriate staff members are multiplying their efforts through partnership with local people, in the hope that even as expat leadership decreases, local ownership of Bible translation will ultimately increase. Local people are being trained and mentored in language development theory and practice, resulting in a core group of local experts and consultants who are equipped to carry out Bible translation and literacy work in a sustainable way.
Due to the sensitivity of the region this project is located in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the latest updates on this project.
YOUR PARTNERSHIP IS KEY
You can join Canadians like yourself to make an impact for eternity for the people touched by the Silk Road Ascent. Your financial support will help bolster language development, literacy training, Bible translation, and Scripture engagement among struggling Christians.
- Began working with the Duskani provincial government to develop a curriculum for teaching local languages as a subject in government schools.
- Hosted more Duskani writers’ workshops through the training institute. Stories collected from past workshops are being edited and published in book form for adults and children.
Thank the Lord for the opportunities to serve the Northern Warmi people!
- Visit the project periodically to monitor progress, address challenges and help ensure good stewardship of resources
- Send you regular updates to keep you informed of SRA’s progress, financial need and prayer requests
- Send you an annual tax receipt for your donations