Kinsha is a Bible translation effort in a sensitive area of Southeast Asia. The few Christians in this region are eager to be involved in Bible translation and literacy work, but they are serving God in areas where Christianity faces strong opposition. What’s more, these dedicated believers lack the training and resources they need to complete their projects. You will help them succeed—and bring the Bible to thousands—by supporting Kinsha.
Bible translation is going on in 13 difficult-to-access minority languages, representing some 45,000 people in three countries. More and more local organizations and churches are joining as partners in this Kingdom work, as they recognize the benefits of having God’s Word in their language, along with literacy in their mother tongue.
With the support of donors like you, the Good News found in God’s Word is beginning to spread in people’s hearts. But your prayers and support for Bible translation and related tasks are still needed in this volatile region.
YOUR PARTNERSHIP IS KEY
You can help make an impact for eternity in the language groups served by Kinsha. Your financial gifts will enable the project to continue Scripture translation for 13 language groups and begin translation for an additional three groups over the next three years. Your support will also keep literacy training programs advancing and help Kinsha to continue developing local infrastructure and sustainable programs for more areas and languages.
PROGRESS SO FAR
- Language survey efforts are helping to determine translation needs
- Training workshops continue to equip new and experienced literacy workers
- More and more women are becoming literate—an exciting development in this part of Southeast Asia
- Mother-tongue literacy materials produced by Kinsha are now used in some public schools
PRAYER POINTS: Praise God that the survey team were able to complete many language surveys. Pray for good time management as they write up many surveys. Both surveyors have been impacted significantly by their work; they want to study linguistics so they can work long term with some of the languages they have surveyed. Pray for their next steps.
- Visit the project regularly to monitor progress, address challenges and help ensure good stewardship of resources
- Send you regular updates to keep you informed of progress, financial need and prayer requests
- Send you an annual tax receipt for your donations