Island Advance aims to assist local churches in a region of Southeast Asia, to provide Scripture for two indigenous language groups, Nomi* and Ardent,* with a total population of around 6 million people.
Most of the people who still need Scripture in their language follow the majority religion in the nation. While some communities have a local church, others have few Christians and no church presence. Efforts to bring God’s Word to this region are just beginning to advance.
With support from people just like you, each community that needs Scripture in their heart language will have it. And they will learn about the God who loves them!
Due to the sensitivity of the region this project is located it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the latest updates on this project.
YOUR PARTNERSHIP IS KEY
You can help make an impact for eternity for the people impacted by Island Advance. Your financial gifts will enable Island Advance to:
- Translate the whole Bible into Ardent and the New Testament, as well as selected Old Testament portions, into Nomi
- Promote Scripture use through media, including radio, smart phone apps and the “JESUS” film
- Provide translated materials to partners for church-planting work and discipleship
PROGRESS SO FAR
The Ardent* team has just completed a three-year phase. During this time, team members have translated and published Genesis, Exodus 1-20, the Gospel of Luke, and the Gospel of John. In addition, they translated and checked Acts (readying it for the consultant-check and eventual publishing) and prepared the script of the “JESUS” film for recording.
The Nomi* team members have also completed their three year plan, translating and publishing Genesis, Matthew and Luke, as well as producing and recording the “JESUS” film. Exodus 1-20 was also translated and readied for the consultant-check.
Needed staff are joining the Island Advance team. But supervisors and program supervisors are also needed.
*Pseudonyms used due to sensitivity
The goal had been to record the Ardent “JESUS” film by September 2021. This was not possible because of travel restrictions related to the pandemic. Pray that the “JESUS” film will be recorded in 2022 in the Ardent language.
- Visit the project regularly to monitor progress, address challenges and help ensure good stewardship of resources.
- Send you regular updates to keep you informed of Island Advance’s progress, financial need and prayer requests.
- Send you an annual tax receipt for your donations.
2021-22 | $27,470
2022-23 | $27,500
Your gift will help:
- Bible Translation
- Engagement with Scripture
- Capacity Building