You can support a small number of passionate Bali and Mba speaking Christians in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, as they act as ambassadors of Christ in their communities and renounce traditional occult practices.
Believers in both language communities are eager to have the Bible or, at least the New Testament, translated into their mother tongue and available in written and oral form.
But physical, educational and spiritual poverty bind them. With your help, they will build strong Christian communities, overcome poverty with literacy, and preserve their rich culture for future generations.
YOUR PARTNERSHIP IS KEY
You can help make an impact for eternity among the Bali and Mba people. Your financial gifts will enable project staff to:
- Actively promote the work of Bible translation to help engage churches and communities in the process
- Translate the Scriptures
- Share the gospel through media such as the “JESUS” film in local languages
- Encourage and equip local people involved as they take pride in their heritage
PROGRESS SO FAR
1. Matthew and Mark have been fully drafted in Mba and are being community-tested, reviewed by the church and revised in preparation for consultant-checking.
2. Galatians, Ephesians and Colossians have been fully drafted in Bali and 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus have been approved for publication.
3. Literacy classes were severely curtailed in 2020 due to Covid-19 restrictions. Nevertheless, 45 Bali and 175 Mba were trained to read and write their languages!
Thank God for the release of the “JESUS” film in Mba. Pray that this tool will be placed in the hands of the churches and Christians who will be able to use it to bring others to faith in Christ Jesus.
- Visit the project periodically to monitor progress, address challenges and help ensure good stewardship of resources
- Send you regular updates to keep you informed of progress, financial need and prayer requests
- Send you an annual tax receipt for your donations
2021-22 | $122,710
2022-23 | $120,600
2023-24 | $121,500
Your gift will help:
- Bible Translation
- Engagement with Scripture
- Capacity Building