You can support a small number of passionate Bali and Mba speaking Christians in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, as they act as ambassadors of Christ in their communities and renounce traditional occult practices.
Believers in both language communities are eager to have the Bible or, at least the New Testament, translated into their first language and available in written and oral form.
But physical, educational and spiritual poverty bind them. With your help, they will build strong Christian communities, overcome poverty with literacy, and preserve their rich culture for future generations.
Pray for more space and financial resources to accommodate the growing Mba translation team.
YOUR PARTNERSHIP IS KEY
You can help make an impact for eternity among the Bali and Mba people. Your financial gifts will enable project staff to:
- Actively promote the work of Bible translation to help engage churches and communities in the process
- Translate the Scriptures
- Share the gospel through media such as the “JESUS” film in local languages
- Encourage and equip local people involved as they take pride in their heritage
- Completed the draft of 1 Peter in Bali and consultant-checked the second half of the book of Acts. The translation consultant checked Luke, Mark and Acts and will check 1 and 2 Peter shortly.
- Translated hymns into Bali and Mba. To date, 83 Mba hymns have been produced!
- Mobilized seven Bali church communities to support the project and form an inter-church committee that will promote Bible translation and Scripture engagement among Bali speakers. Both the Mba and Bali have an inter-church committee. These committees meet regularly and are being trained to take their responsibility well.
- Continued developing the Bali and Mba dictionaries, adding more than100 new Bali words and 600 Mba words. The Mba team has a trained linguist working with them to write down the grammar. The Bali team already has an accepted grammar.
- The Bali language committee has started quarterly planning sessions to gain more momentum in the project.
- Visit the project periodically to monitor progress, address challenges and help ensure good stewardship of resources
- Send you regular updates to keep you informed of progress, financial need and prayer requests
- Send you an annual tax receipt for your donations