Kinsha is a Bible translation effort in a sensitive area of Southeast Asia, representing 3.5 million people in three countries. The few Christians in this region are eager to be involved in Bible translation and literacy work, but they are serving God in areas where Christianity faces strong opposition. What’s more, these dedicated believers lack the training and resources they need to complete their projects. You will help them succeed—and bring the Bible to thousands—by supporting Kinsha.
Wycliffe Canada provides funding for Bible translation in two of Kinsha’s 17 difficult-to-access minority languages. More and more local organizations and churches are joining as partners in this Kingdom work, as they recognize the benefits of having God’s Word in their language, along with literacy in their mother tongue.
With the support of donors like you, the Good News found in God’s Word is beginning to spread in people’s hearts. But your prayers and support for Bible translation and related tasks are still needed in this volatile region.
Due to the sensitivity of the region this project is located it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the latest updates on this project.
YOUR PARTNERSHIP IS KEY
You can help make an impact for eternity in the language groups served by Kinsha. Your financial gifts will enable the project to continue Scripture translation for two language groups and begin translation for an additional three groups over the next three years. Your donations will also support:
- literacy training programs in 11 languages
- initiatives that support engagement with translated Scriptures in 12 languages
- developing local infrastructure and sustainable programs for more areas and languages
PROGRESS SO FAR
- Language survey efforts are helping to determine translation needs
- Training workshops continue to equip new and experienced literacy workers
- Training workshops are multiplying leaders for Bible-based ministries to families
- More and more women are becoming literate—an exciting development in this part of Southeast Asia
- Local language literacy materials produced by Kinsha are now used in some public schools
A five-week primer workshop with the Ne* people has been completed recently. The output is a 153-page booklet with step-by-step exercises, stories, and pictures to teach the Ne people how to read their language and eventually read the Bible that will be translated. Pray that this booklet will help many people to read Ne and for the Ne community to flourish.
- Visit the project regularly to monitor progress, address challenges and help ensure good stewardship of resources
- Send you regular updates to keep you informed of progress, financial need and prayer requests
- Send you an annual tax receipt for your donations
Additional funds raised will go towards the 2 years remaining in the current funding cycle.
Your gift will help:
- Bible Translation
- Engagement with Scripture
- Capacity Building