Ending Bible poverty in Asia—this is what many of the graduates of Payap University are doing. You can help millions of Bibleless people access God’s Word by equipping emerging leaders in Southeast Asia.
In Chiang Mai, Thailand, Payap students are being trained in linguistics, Bible translation, literacy teaching, and related ministries. Your partnership equips them to bring hope and literacy to all peoples. The mission of the Payap University linguistics department is to train skilled linguists and promote the research of languages, focusing on the languages of Southeast Asia. Wycliffe assists in this mission by providing personnel and funding.
Your gift to Payap University MA Program actively supports the linguistics program by providing paid personnel, funding and financial scholarships to Southeast Asian students.
The impact of this program is spreading over broader areas of Asia, both in staff working with minority languages and students being trained.
YOUR PARTNERSHIP IS KEY
Your generous support of the Payap MA program equips crucial Bible translation and literacy experts to bring God’s Word to the hundreds of language groups that need it. You can help make Scripture come alive for millions of people who haven’t yet met their loving Saviour.
You can help make an impact for eternity in Southeast Asia. Your financial gifts will enable the Payap MA program to:
- Offer three courses in translation. Most students want to be equipped to do Bible translation
- Train students in language development, including literacy
- Equip students who are from Southeast Asia to return to their home countries to do Bible translation and/or language development
- Help students carry out foundational linguistic research required for Bible translation and language development for regional languages
- Support staff to provide academic service to Southeast Asia. Staff members serve as expert translation consultants or—alongside senior students—run workshops on topics requested by communities.
- Students from around the world continue applying to the program. Local language groups throughout the region have benefited from contributions by Payap graduates and faculty, who can be found in every Mainland Southeast Asia country and beyond.
- A Payap graduate working in a neighbouring country has witnessed local translators on his team persevere in their work, despite much persecution. They have now completed half of the New Testament, and have begun sharing the translated Scriptures with others.
- In 2022, five new scholarship students from the Kinsha* region successfully entered Thailand, despite ongoing unrest in their area. They are currently enrolled in courses for the MA linguistics program.
- Nine students completed certificate courses in the summer of 2022.
Praise God for 28 students enrolled in the Payap MA Linguistics program!
- Visit the project regularly to monitor progress, address challenges and help ensure good stewardship of resources
- Send you regular updates to keep you informed of the Payap MA Program’s progress, financial need and prayer requests
- Send you an annual tax receipt for your donations