AIDIA is a local ministry in southern Peru that’s working to translate the entire Bible into the Eastern Apurímac Quechua language. Translation of the New Testament was completed in 2013 and translation of the Old Testament is nearing completion.
Of course, Scripture translations are useless if people don’t read and apply them to their daily lives. For this reason, Wycliffe Canada partners with AIDIA to promote the use of translated Scriptures, teach people to read and write their language, train pastors and Sunday school teachers and much more.
Throughout their history, Quechua people have been hampered by discrimination, illiteracy, poverty and the lack of Scripture in their unique language. But God loves these hardy mountain people. He wants them to have access to His Word, in the language they know best. Most of all, our Father wants them to understand and receive His love, forgiveness and salvation through Christ.
YOUR PARTNERSHIP IS KEY
You can help make an impact for eternity among Peru’s Quechua people. Your financial gifts will enable the AIDIA project to complete translation of the full Bible; provide literacy training for adults and children; create Bible study materials for Quechua churches; train local church leaders to use the translated Scriptures; distribute mother-tongue audio Scripture recordings and videos.
PROGRESS SO FAR
- New Testament translation completed in 2012 and printed in 2013
- Old Testament translation is nearly finished and the team hopes to hold a dedication event this summer, if possible because of the pandemic
- More than 70 new churches planted and 40 existing churches strengthened through AIDIA’s training courses
- About 6,000 adults, youth and children have learned how to read their language. Many of them are leaders in their church; others help the literacy program; and others are planting churches in the Quechua communities.
The AIDIA translation team needs to complete the revision of the Old and New Testament including the introductions to each book, the helps and the maps that will be included in the Bible. They are expected to submit the manuscript to the Peruvian Bible Society for printing at the end of 2021. Please pray.
- Visit the project periodically to monitor progress, address challenges and help ensure good stewardship of resources
- Send you regular updates to keep you informed of AIDIA’s progress, financial need and prayer requests
- Send you an annual tax receipt for your donations
Additional funds raised will go towards the 1 year remaining in the current funding cycle.
Your gift will help:
- Engagement with Scripture
- Capacity Building